Tama B1412SL 14x12" Birch Bubinga Snare features a Dark Stardust Fade Lacquer Finish.
TAMA has always searched to create instruments people seek and demand. TAMA's long history and experience in manufacturing drums has led to the successful development of TAMA Marching Snare Drums. This revolutionary drum has its own identity with unique features offered on no other drum in the market. With confident skills and knowledge, TAMA's engineers have produced a highly circular shell that maintains its shape and tone quality even in severe summer conditions. The B/B shell, a hybrid shell of Bubinga and Birch wood, provides a sharp and aggressive attack with rich resonance in the mid to low range. Our newly introduced and very unique functions of the snare drum, such as the "Buzz Killer Mutes" and the "Detachable Gut Frame" system, give the player maximum control of sound options with quick and easy user friendly adjustments.
*Drum Only! Packages with carrier/case/stand available, please contact for details.
Available Finishes (Please Specify When Ordering)
The stock finish for the Birch/Bubinga line is the Dark Stardust Fade (DSF). Any other finish is special order with a 120-150 production lead time.
- Dark Stardust Fade* Stock Finish
- Copper Mist Fade
- Deep Green Fade
- Dark Cherry Fade
- Gray Pewter
- Indigo Sparkle Fade
- Jade Sparkle Fade
- Molten Caramel Fade
- Piano Black
- Red Sparkle Fade
- Smoky Indigo Fade
- Vintage Gold Sparkle
High Position Strainer
- Most current snare drums have a low position strainer that makes it difficult for the player to reach. Adjusting the gut height or turning the guts off for a tenor sound is impossible while carrying the drum. The guts can be accidentally raised to a position too high on both ends causing a bending of the guts and incorrect head contact. TAMA Marching Snare Drums strainer has the lever located near the top of the drum for easy reach while using a carrier. The lever is very stable and operates smoothly while switching from snare to tenor. The High Position Strainer also has built-in safeguards to prevent over adjusting the vertical positioning of the guts.
Detachable Guy Frame
- The Gut Frame of TAMA Marching Snare Drums can be removed or replaced in literally two seconds. You can change the bottom head without changing the tension or mute position of the guts. The two arms of the frame support all of the gut tension and prevent unwanted influences on the strainer and shell sound.
Buzz Killer Mutes
- TAMA "Buzz Killer Mutes" are used to adjust the length of buzz by the guts. This eliminates the need for any type of tape on the guts and permits correct functioning of the strainer. Mutes can be easily positioned for your desired sound and then locked down. Subtle differences in muting can be obtained by the adjustment knobs. Mutes stay in place even when the guts are removed from the drum. You can easily remove or add mutes as needed. "Buzz Killer Mutes" allow perfect flexibility for indoor or outdoor tuning.
- TAMA uses a 60mm reinforcement ring on the bottom edge of the snare drum shell. This ring allows the shell to maintain shape and withstand high-pitch tuning.